- Why is Mary of Bethezuba infamous?
- Why did Titus decide to burn the Temple at last? And why was the date significant?
- When Titus tried to restrain his troops, how did they respond? And why?
- Name two or three major omens occurring before and during the siege which suggested Jerusalem would fall to Rome.
- Examine the irony in Titus’s statement, upon finding Jerusalem in flames, “Surely God was with us. . . .”
- What happened to Fronto’s prisoners?
- When Titus returned to Rome, the Senate awarded him a “triumph” along with one for whom else? What did a triumph involve?
- Ultimately what happened to Simon bar Giora? To John Levi of Gischala? To Eleazar?
- Who built the earlier fortress at Masada? What was Herod’s interest in Masada? Who was at Masada when it fell?
- Who survived the siege at Masada? Why so few?
- Describe Titus’s arch and its significance.
Josephus, Last Quiz
Join Our Discussion