"Just as God gave different fingers to the hand so has He given different ways to men."
- Did you name any of the powerful women from the line of Genghis Khan?
INTERESTING FACT: The capture of Baghdad by Genghis Khan was the last time Baghdad was captured until 2003 by the United States under the order of President George W. Bush.
Page 156 - The countries that were overrun did not know who the Mongols were. They even thought that they might be one of the lost tribes of Israel. This caused an uprising against the Jews.
- The negative feeling toward the Jews started long before this, maybe with Constantine. (320s)
- The writers during the first and second century hinted that the Jews were to blame for different events.
Page 157 - The Jews at this time are identified by their clothes or emblems.
What was the attitude toward women during this era? (Look at the family tree)
- Many of the mothers and wives were from Christian tribes.
- They had power.
- They were given the titles and possibly more feared.
Page 173 - The Mongols loved debates between different religious groups and organized them similar to sporting competitions.
How do we put all of this into religious perspective?